Monday, June 9, 2014

Today Is The Day

**I wrote this post just over a year ago, and it has been sitting in "drafts" ever since. 


I've been away so long.  Thank you to everyone who sent me notes and asked about me and the girls.  To say we are settling in I think is understating it.  We are evolving and creating and growing together, as cheesy as that may sound.  We are building this new little life, re-defined with just the three of us (and Zac, and the two rats)

When Andy and I first decided to separate, I applied for University housing through the University I work for.  Despite being told that it was near impossible to get into.  And lo and behold,


I got an email that they had a 2 bedroom house available on March 1st.  Which was a perfect time frame for us to pack and plan.  As you can see the house is tiny, just two small bedrooms, a living room with a corner for our table, a kitchen and a bathroom.  Luckily there's also a basement for all of our storage stuff, but regardless I made myself get rid of a lot.  I stopped counting at my 10th trip to Goodwill.  The idea of "tiny living" has always appealed to me, and this is truly as much space as I ever want.  In addition the house is over 60 years old (rare in this area).  After growing up in homes that were around 100 years old, then living in a split level built in the 90's, I am loving this return to hardwood floors, old doorknobs, and a big old bathtub. 

No comments:

Post a Comment